Tuesday 13 November 2012

The Beauty of Religion

For those of you who have never been to Mt Saint Benedict or The Mount as Trinis refer to it, then you have basically lost two years on your life already. Surrounded by breathtaking views of the mountains and aesthetically sound architecture Mt Saint Benedict and its surrounding landscapes is a must see on your trip around this beautiful island we call Trinidad. Though people know it as a highly religious place that houses many Roman Catholic buildings, I would like to take it from a visual rather than a historical point of view.

I am still in awe of the beauty that surrounds this gorgeous Church on the hill. Though I know some of us may share different religious beliefs, one belief I know to be true, the view from on top those hills will leave you breathless. There is something about being so high up that makes me feel closer to God, it's almost like if when you are up there you are seeing things from God's point of view. You don't see individual people, you don't see suffering, you don't see problems, all you see is beauty and endless possibilities. The sky is truly the limit when you are up there. 

You can't help but feel overwhelmed with feelings of peace and serenity. 


They say that a picture speaks a thousand words so I will let the photos tell you the story of my journey.














To see more photos check out my Facebook page.....


No comments:

Post a Comment