Friday 21 September 2012

The Trouble in Trying

So today I set out on the first day of my fifteen week journey to visit some of the sites and landmarks in Trinidad and Tobago that has played a significant role in shaping our country's culture and way of life.

Day one of my journey was actually supposed to take me to the San Fernando hills. First off I figured that just by knowing the general direction I should go in to get to San Fernando that this meant I would be able to find San Fernando hills on my own. Boy was I wrong!! 


In addition to not knowing how to get into San Fernando to find these hills the traffic to get in and out of San Fernando was dreadful. With absolutely no patience and no sense of direction I turned around and began to head home.


On my way back down the highway a sign caught my eye "Temple in the Sea next left". I figured why not? It always peaked my interest as to how far out in the sea this Temple was built and what was stopping the mighty ocean from demolishing it.


Needless to say it was pretty simple to find as it was at the end of a very long road.


So after the door of opportunity closed on me due to the lack of proper direction another window opened up which resulted in the Sewdass Sadhu Temple in the Sea being my first must see destination in my journey across TnT.


Check me out at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6qX9EaA8o
http://www.facebook.com/amanda.verge.5



1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed! This is the sort of tone I'm looking for in a travelogue. You built an interesting narrative out of your experience, recounting your challenges as well as your success. Your use of video, even low-quality video, fits perfectly into what you're trying to accomplish. Your description topped it off well.

    In the future, try to give us a bit more video and pictures of the places you visited. Show us a bit of the journey before you get to your destination. Also, create a Facebook FAN page to promote your project (and your business), rather than a personal profile.

    ReplyDelete